Wednesday 18 March 2015

Built To Build 5

Salama! Hu Jambo! Habari Gani?!
U huh...that's Swahili for Greetings! and How Are You?!

A bit of a Swahili touch this beautiful day neh? Lol...I hope you are doing quite well wherever you are. I also pray that this BTB series is as beneficial to you as it is to me, if not a whole lot more.

Let's keep moving. So we have come to understand (as per the last post) that where we choose to place our Faith, we take time to engage therein and ultimately Speak it out. We have also learned that what we Speak out can become our very reality due to the Power that is in our tongue.

Interesting hey...

Now, we are still on the matter of being Built To Build for The Kingdom of The Almighty. The Building Blocks that we have explored include Faith and Confession. I want to stretch this a little bit by giving some observations to clarify these two 'Bricks' if you will.


Matshidiso and Sarah are two best friends and have been, since primary school. In Grade 10, they were having a loud and jolly conversation about marriage and business as part of a group of school mates, numbering eight. 

At break time they were talking about how marriage in this day and age is no longer valid, how weak and unfruitful this institution is and how its significance ended with their mothers.

Sarah, "I mean really guys...look at the guys that we have today. All they want is to bed you and then keep moving to the next prize. They can't hold a conversation for a minute without being distracted by our breasts and thighs and just want to touch them and all. I'm not interested in getting married at all. In fact, I am going to be the kind of woman that earns a 6 figure salary and has everything I want. And if I want to have my needs met, I will just call in a horny man and tell him to check out the next morning."

Matshidiso, "Hai Sars you can't keep saying that. Words are powerful phela and that could actually happen. You need to be wholesome and enjoy life with someone that you can grow old with."

Sarah, "Oh please, get real Tshidi. In this generation, it's all about me, me and me."

Matshidiso met the man of his dreams some six years later and emailed her friend Sarah who lived in London to come to their wedding which would happen soon. She flew over on her private jet and came to see her old friend.

On the night they scheduled dinner to catch up, Sarah's phone wasn't going through and she wasn't answering any messages. Matshidiso, having a bad feeling, raced to her hotel room to find her on the ground with pills around her. It seemed like an attempted suicide and feeling her pulse, she called the ambulance that came and took her to hospital. 

Having pumped all the pills out of her stomach, she woke up to find Matshidiso sitting beside her and a man with her.

Matshidiso, "Hey Sarah...how're you feeling?"

Disappointed that she isn't dead, she replied, "Why aren't I in heaven?!"

Matshidiso, "Haibo why mara Sars? I'm glad you're ok..."

Sarah, "I'm not. I hate my life. Every man I meet and fall in love with just ends up using me and I just don't understand why they won't stay. I have everything to offer and even let them be the man. But still, they just won't stick around...damn it!"

Matshidiso, "That's what you wanted though Sars..."

Sarah, "What?!! Who on earth wants to be used and treated like a second hand car to be sold off after they're tired of it?!"

Matshidiso, "Don't you remember back in high school when we talked about marriage and stuff and you said that you just wanted men for your needs and that you will not get married? You also said you will be pretty rich...and well you are."

Sarah, "What?! Are you telling me that I did this to myself?!"

Matshidiso nods her head and reminds her of the many times she told her about how powerful words are.

Needless to say, right there and then, she changed her confession, which, as we know, would change what she believes and soon enough, her reality entirely.

Ready?
What we give our time and effort to having Faith in, giving our attention to, thinking about and eventually speaking out all the time, will at some point, come to pass. Let's rather read The Word of God, speak THAT out and let THAT be our reality. It's a whole lot safer than doing our own thing without God. These are critical in the Building Process.

Coming next...
The Building Continues
Don't Miss It!

TGBTG!
The Messenger
Stay Blessed, Be Multiplied

No comments:

Post a Comment

#OnTheTrain - Progressive Analysis - Part 5

Ndi Madekwana! I bless The Lord for you and I am so thankful that you are still here, by His Grace. 😃 Alright, we are busy with sorting...