Tuesday 14 January 2020

#OnTheTrain - Vision Development Part 9

Habari Kila Mtu! 

2020 is here and I hope that you've started it with a bang!

Things are already busy on my side, as I refuse to attain the same results as the years before.

Alright, from the last post, we wanted to discuss something that could be contributing to your lack of success. I call it the 'Kennafela Syndrome'.

This simply means that you are accountable, only to yourself. As people, we have a natural ability to come up with some of the best excuses in the world. We, therefore, have the power to give ourselves permission, not to do something, with reasons that make sense to 'both' of you. 

So we can negotiate ourselves out of anything, especially taking action on a particular task, and this may be adding to your own frustrations in the long run. That is why, at some point, you will ask yourself, "But why didn't I just do that thing, like four months ago?" The simple answer is that you only had yourself to be accountable to, and that 'self' of yours, didn't see the value or importance thereof.

For this reason, I then picked out a few people, who know me, and have the power to tell me, if I'm going off track. These people don't bother too much with my feelings, they care about making sure that what I said, I do, in the time that I set for myself. 

I am accountable to them, as they are to me, about some things that they also want to accomplish. It's much harder giving someone else, excuses about why you didn't get something done. This then means that I  have to do these things so that I can report to them, and they can encourage me to do more. Once I let them know of a completed activity, they generally ask, 'So, what's next?'

Another attribute to these people is that I actually listen to them. There is no point in being accountable to someone, if you won't listen to what they are saying, and DO IT! 

Get rid of 'Kennfela Syndrome', and find someone, or some people, to be accountable to. Tell them what your plans are, the time frame you have given yourself, and the frequency at which you will report on your progress.

That will help you in the long run, and you will be very glad you did!



Coming Up...
#OnTheTrain - Progressive Analysis
Stick Around!


Settle Accounts With Jehovah
The Messenger

No comments:

Post a Comment

#OnTheTrain - Progressive Analysis - Part 5

Ndi Madekwana! I bless The Lord for you and I am so thankful that you are still here, by His Grace. 😃 Alright, we are busy with sorting...