Monday 5 March 2018

#CatchingTheTrain – Which One? – Research Part 1


Good Day Family! 

A new day has come and with it, new energy to push on through 2018 constructively and progressively!

We continue engaging this life-changing series with the next installment as titled above. As you know, we are now at the point of identifying the correct train to get on to; but get on to one, we must!

My good friend Leroy is a great example of what we need to learn in terms of moving forward. Leroy is a retailer, who only deals with designing and selling of curtains.

It wasn’t always this way though. So I will let you in on our conversation when I interviewed him some time ago.

Me, “So Leroy, tell me about when you started your business?”
Leroy, “Well Gabe, my business started long before it actually got established. See, I was studying towards my logistics degree because my uncle told me that there is good money in it. He lived in a beautiful house in Woodhill bro, and let’s not even talk about his beamer. So I registered at UNISA and even volunteered to work with him just to gain experience.”
Me, “Wait, so you chose not to get paid so that you can get experience? You weren’t getting a salary, so how would this help you in proving this experience when you started?”
Leroy, “Good question. Do you remember when you worked with the Department of Health a few years ago, when they had a strike?”
Me, “Oh yes, I do. I can hardly believe you do!”
Leroy, “Look bra… you know what, I just do. They wrote a letter for you to say that you worked with them. That helps a great deal if you are going to prove any experience, if you can’t find an internship and all that.”
Me, “Right”
Leroy, “Yeah man. So as I got on with my first year, whenever I went to his offices, I kept getting bothered by the furniture, and the way the office looked net. Seriously, it became a big problem because I could hardly concentrate and when I passed by Marabastad, I noticed the kind of furniture and stuff that would work better.”
Me, “Meneer, you were there for logistics mos.”
Leroy, “Dis reg, bra. I was, and believe me, I was also getting good at it. I was mos practicing what I was studying and Uncle Larry was so supportive. Then one Friday I walked into the office and they had just hired a new receptionist. The unbelievably gorgeous and distracting force of nature that she is. Gabriel! She is a crazily mesmerizing work of art. That woman dude….”
Me, “Leroy, concentrate. What does she have to do with all this?”

Leroy continues his tale on the next post to help us understand what happened to him to bring him to his current circumstance. 

Next Up…
#CatchingTheTrain – Which One – Research Part 2
Don’t Miss It!


Jehovah Rocks!
The Messenger

No comments:

Post a Comment

#OnTheTrain - Progressive Analysis - Part 5

Ndi Madekwana! I bless The Lord for you and I am so thankful that you are still here, by His Grace. 😃 Alright, we are busy with sorting...